You Are Here: Blue Tag
Student Manual - Pages
Blue Tag 5th Kup
PATTERN – Yul Gok 38 movements
Yul gok is the pseudonym of the great philosopher and scholar Yi I (1536-1584 A.D.) nicknamed the “Confucius of Korea”. The 38 movements of this pattern refer to his birthplace on the 38th latitude and the diagram represents “scholar”.
- Hooking block
- Front elbow strike
(Ap palkup taerigi)
- Twin knife-hand block
(Sang sonkal makgi)
- Double forearm block
(Doo palmok makgi)
Power test techniques
- 1. Knife-hand strike to target at 45-degree angle
- Right and Left reverse turning kicks to target at 45 degree angle
1 Step Sparring – IIbo Matsoki
Attacking and Defending
(One step consists of counter attacks to a single punch in a walking stance. All attacks start from parallel ready stance, first on the right side then on the left side. Counter attacks to punches from either side must be practiced.)
The defender must execute efficient blocking or evading techniques followed by counter attacks consisting of a combination of hand or foot striking techniques or take down techniques. Regardless if the defender is to evade or take down their partner they should always follow through to “finish off’ their attacker.
- It is vital that all techniques are correct and focused on the proper target.
- Proper distance and control must be maintained.
- All kicks and punches must be fully extended to the target without striking.
Therefore demonstrating the exponent’s proficiency and control as expected of their grade
Movements – 38
Ready Posture – PARALLEL READY STANCE
1. Move the left foot to B forming a sitting stance toward D while extending the left fist to D horizontally.
2. Execute a middle punch to D with the right fist while maintaining a sitting stance toward D.
3. Execute a middle punch to D with the left fist while maintaining a sitting stance toward D. Perform 2 and 3 in a fast motion.
4. Bring the left foot to the right foot and then move the right foot to A forming a sitting stance toward D while extending the right fist to D horizontally.
5. Execute a middle punch to D with the left fist while maintaining a sitting stance toward D.
6. Execute a middle punch to D with the right fist while maintaining a sitting stance toward D. Perform 5 and 6 in a fast motion.
7. Move the right foot to Ad forming a right walking stance toward AD while executing a middle side block to AD with the right inner forearm.